Friday, April 6, 2012

Success?

Life has been busy as usual- back to work after Spring Break, spring cleaning, organizing our "stuff" so we can renovate some rooms in the house, and of course a lot of time spent at the gym. 

I was recently asked to share my success story on the Sal's Fitness website and it has been weighing on my mind.  Yes, I've had success but I'm not done.  I would like to lose approximately 10 more pounds and tone up all over because although I look MUCH better than I did a few months ago I am not at my best.  I haven't met my goal.

Also, I almost feel like a fraud.  I lost close to 60 pounds because I was "unwell".  I had to stop eating crap food to feel better.  And only then did the weight come off.  I am not sure I could have lost the weight had I not been "forced" (my body forced me) to stop eating certain foods. 

Then there are the "haters".  I have had several people tell me that I should stop losing weight.  "You're too skinny." I get so frustrated when I hear that.  Those people haven't, and will never, see me naked! Or even in a bathing suit.  Only my husband and I know what my body looks like under my clothes.  And yes, it is nicer.  Yes, it is getting tighter everyday.  No, it is not where I want it to be.  YET. 

I know I have been working extremely hard to get healthy.  I go to the gym an average of 6 days a week and I eat clean everyday without cheating.  I have earned this body.  I am very proud of the changes in my body, but am I a success story?  I am still thinking about that.

April 6, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment