I just finished saying to a friend that I need to get super strict and cut out sugar from my diet so I can wear my bikinis on Spring Break. Then I made these. A one piece is cute too, right?
Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter or margarine
2 cups white sugar
1/4 cup baking cocoa ( I used carob powder instead because it is caffeine free)
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
4 cups oatmeal ( I used wheat free oats)
Melt butter in a saucepan. Add sugar, cocoa, and milk. Stir well. When the mixture comes to a rolling boil, time for one and a half minutes and stir constantly. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Stir in oatmeal until well coated. Use two spoons to form cookies on waxed or parchment paper. Let cool. Or don't...I like them best when they are still warm and gooey. They will harden as they sit.
Easiest cookies ever! My dad used to make these for us when I was a kid and we called them "dad's cookies".



No comments:
Post a Comment