First up is my 29th birthday!
I was a little sad that family was going to be out of town for my birthday this year so I decided to plan a party for myself. I invited some friends and we BBQ'd and played Ladder Golf and Frizz Sticks, and sat around outside visiting. Then we ate cake and ice cream....actually I ate a lot of cake and ice cream!
I recently discovered Birthday Party ice cream (sometimes called Birthday Cake ice cream) and OMG! I never ever eat ice cream but I can't stop eating this kind. It is wonderful. And it goes nicely with birthday cake.
This year I didn't make my cake from scratch because I wanted to try the Betty Crocker Gluten Free cake mix, and it didn't disappoint! No one could tell it was gluten free and it had a nice texture. Sometimes gluten free cakes are quite dense but this one wasn't. I've bought more of the cake mixes to have on hand if I need to whip up a cake or cupcakes, which can be found at all of the local grocery stores.
There are only two negatives to this cake mix: 1) The price- because it is gluten free of course the price is insanely high (between $6 and $7/box), and 2) You need to buy two boxes to equal the amount you would get in one regular cake mix. I wanted two layers for my cake so I had to buy two boxes, where normally I would only need one box of every other boxed cake mix so the price of my birthday cake was quite high!
There are only two negatives to this cake mix: 1) The price- because it is gluten free of course the price is insanely high (between $6 and $7/box), and 2) You need to buy two boxes to equal the amount you would get in one regular cake mix. I wanted two layers for my cake so I had to buy two boxes, where normally I would only need one box of every other boxed cake mix so the price of my birthday cake was quite high!
I then made a vanilla buttercream frosting to ice my cake and used LOTS of sprinkles.


No comments:
Post a Comment