Photo Credit: http://www.simplyrecipes.com
I eat asparagus several times a week but made a last minute change to how I prepared it last night for supper. Since the oven was already on and I was feeling super lazy, I decided to throw the asparagus on a baking sheet, drizzle it with EVOO, sprinkle some sea salt on top, and throw it in the oven for around 15 minutes. What a huge difference roasting the asparagus made to the flavor! I love asparagus steamed, but I LOVE asparagus roasted. I actually said to Dave later in the evening that I was craving roasted aparagus, which got a laugh and eye roll out of him (he has heard some weird cravings come out of my mouth, like when I couldn't get enough roasted chicken, but asparagus??). You should try it sometime! Trust me.

Try it on the bbq too...super yummy! Thanks for sharing all these tasty recipes.
ReplyDelete