The other evening my friend Erin called and we had our first real chat since I visited her in August. It was the type of conversation where you share everything that has happened since the last one, and it came at the perfect time. I needed a friend! Erin is the type of friend who says it like it is and I appreciated her advice and wisdom. She didn't tell me anything I didn't already know, but it was good to hear it from someone else.
Part of our chat was about food because she eats clean too, and we both agreed that we couldn't eat another salad for awhile and needed some new recipes. I told her about this great soup recipe that I make and decided to share it on here. I have made it a few times now and love it!
Cauliflower Leek Soup
Adapted from Clean Eating Magazine
2 tsp. olive oil
1 1/2 cups thinly sliced leeks, white and light green parts only (approx. 2 leeks)
2 celery stalks, sliced (the original doesn't call for this)
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 large Russet or Yukon gold potato, peeled and diced
3 1/2 cups chopped cauliflower florets (I used one whole small head)
1 carton chicken or vegetable broth (the original calls for 2 cups, but I don't like to waste the rest of the carton)
1 cup water
1/4 tsp. pepper
Optional toppings (I don't use these):
turkey or regular bacon, cooked and chopped
grated cheddar cheese
sliced green onions
1. In a large pot, heat oil on medium-low. Add leeks and celery and cook for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add potato, cauliflower, broth, water, and pepper and increase heat to bring to a boil; reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until potatoes and cauliflower are very tender, approximately 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. With an immersion blender puree soup until smooth. If you don't have an immersion blender, transfer the soup in batches to a blender.
3. Add toppings if you like.


No comments:
Post a Comment