Thursday, January 24, 2013

My Grocery List


So I’ve had several people ask me for my grocery list and each time I laugh and tell them to just buy healthy things. Well after spending a fair amount of time reciting my grocery list to friends and strangers and feeling a little silly doing it, I think I finally get it.  It is easier to just DO something than have to think about it.  Some days all I want at the gym is for someone to tell me what exercise I should do next and how many to do. So here it is folks…my weekly/biweekly grocery list!

Fruits/Vegetables


Baby spinach

Romaine lettuce or spring mix recipe

Cucumber

Shredded carrots and regular carrots

Celery

Cauliflower recipe

Sweet potato recipe

Spaghetti squash

Asparagus recipe

Lemons

Leeks recipe

Onions

Garlic
 
Potatoes recipe

Green pepper (or whatever color you like)

*I don’t eat fruit, but buy whatever fruit you like to eat and there are some vegetables I don’t like but if you do, buy them!

Dairy


Skim milk recipe

Low fat cheese (mozza, cheddar, marble are my favorites)

Butter

0% Plain Greek yogurt recipe

Goat cheese (for topping salads and pizza)

Buttermilk (if I’m making oatmeal pancakes)

Meats


Ground chicken or turkey

Chicken (whole, thighs, breasts, wings) recipe

Beef roast

Lean cuts of pork and beef

Other


Plain rice cakes

Oatmeal recipe

Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)

Maple syrup (to sweeten my Greek yogurt or mix with EVOO for salad dressing)

Ground flaxseed (I sprinkle a Tbsp. on my oatmeal and a Tbsp. in my Greek yogurt) recipe

Gluten free Rice Krispies

Quinoa

Tomato sauce

Chicken stock

Beef stock

Popcorn

I'm not sure if this will help you at all, but it gives you a better idea of where to start. And now I should probably post some recipes so you know how I eat all of this food.

No comments:

Post a Comment