Sunday, March 11, 2012

Gluten Free Pancakes

Happy Sunday! This morning I decided to switch up my blueberry smoothie for some gluten free blueberry pancakes, since I promised my dietician that I would put some grains back into my diet. 

I was a little hesitant to try anything new before having allergy tests done, but the pancake mix I used had the fewest ingredients that I could find and I think I recognized most of them. 

I've also been craving something sweet, like muffins and cookies, so I thought I would add blueberries and lemon zest to the mix to make it more like my favorite blueberry lemon muffins . Click here for the recipe. http://everythingwillbeaohk.blogspot.com/2012/02/blueberry-muffins.html


 The brand of pancake mix I tried.



Add the mix, egg, milk, oil, blueberries, and lemon zest in a bowl.  Mix gently.

Cook the pancakes until golden brown.


They looked yummy! The real test would be if my husband liked them.

At first he wasn't sure...but after a few bites he exclaimed, "These aren't too bad!  They're actually pretty good!" Then he went back for seconds. 

My review- they weren't very sweet, but the blueberries, lemon zest, and maple syrup on top made them delicious! I don't know if I would have enjoyed them as much had I not added the blueberries and lemon zest.  They tasted very similar to my blueberry muffins actually, just more flat!

No comments:

Post a Comment