This afternoon I hosted a Lia Sophia jewellery party and it was the perfect way to spend a rainy Sunday. I had invited close to 40 women, but knew that under 20 would actually attend, which is how these home parties usually go. I decided to host a party because I adore jewellery, but also because I am missing social gatherings with friends. I co-hosted a Scentsy party back in November with my mom and that was a lot of fun, and jewellery would be something different for my friends. Looking back, I hosted a Body by Vi shake party in October as well. I like to host; what can I say?
I felt a little awkward when the consultant explained to my guests what I would receive if they spent a certain amount of money at the party (they usually don't do that), because I was not having a party to get free jewellery! I had invited a few bride-to-bes to the party hoping they would find some wedding jewellery for themselves or bridesmaids, because I had difficulty finding my own not so long ago. I think both of the girls went away with lots of ideas for their big days! I also invited a girl I had met at the gym and who is new to town because I wanted her to meet some new people, and my other attempt at a girl's movie night didn't work out. Lots of co-workers and some of my mom's friends came too so there was a nice mix of people in attendance.
I had looked through the catalogue probably 20 times and found a bunch of items that I liked. I was drawn to a few rings, and since I have lost weight I need to replace my collection because most of my costume rings are too big now. Of course once I was able to try on some of the necklaces at the party I found about 6 that I loved! And some "diamond" stud earrings. Yikes!
Well after all of the girls placed their orders and I sat down with the consultant I found out that we sold close to $700 worth of jewellery in about 2 hours. That meant that I could pick out $167 worth of product for free! And pick 4 bonus items for a discount! Well I went through the catalogue about 3 more times and fine tuned my wishlist. Then went back and looked again (of course I found a necklace that I had never noticed the first 23 times looking through). In the end I only spent $85.12, which includes the shipping and handling, and "bought" 2 rings, 1 pair of earrings, and 4 necklaces. I was in heaven.
As soon as I got home my husband asked how the party went (I had the party at my brother's house because we are renovating), I was so excited to show him what I got. Then I got curious as to what I would have spent if I wasn't the host. I added it up and was amazed. I had got $565 worth of jewellery for $85.12. My husband was impressed (and didn't give me a hard time about wasting money on silly things like rings), and I was extremely happy. It was a win-win for us both.
If you like jewellery as much as I do, I would consider booking your own party to host! I have to say that Lia Sophia is one company that really does look after the host.
Happy Sunday!
www.liasophia.ca I am in no way affiliated with this company and did not receive anything for writing about it.

No comments:
Post a Comment