Thursday, June 21, 2012

Vanilla Buttercream Frosting

I had the WORST day.  Everything at work went wrong.  The students were loud, and even with 4 days left of school have decided they are done. I am feeling overwhelmed with end of year activities, report cards, and loose ends combined with planning my ten year high school reunion and doing house renovations, which all together are not good!

So I made cupcakes.

To be honest, my mom baked the cupcakes and I just frosted and decorated them.  I whipped up some vanilla buttercream in my KitchenAid mixer, which makes me happy everytime I use it (Thanks momma for the best gift ever!), then rolled out some fondant to make little stars to perch on top of the vanilla cupcakes.  They aren't anything fancy, but it was therapeutic to do. 

I feel better.

And my students will enjoy eating them tomorrow.




Vanilla Buttercream Frosting

1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
4 cups icing sugar, sifted
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla (I don't measure, just pour a big splash!)
2-3 Tbsp. milk

Whip butter in a mixer, then add sifted icing sugar.
Whip together until combined.
Add salt, vanilla, and milk.
Whip for a few minutes. 
Add more milk if the icing is too thick, or add more icing sugar if it is too thin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment