Monday, September 16, 2013

Orange Pumpkin Smoothie

It is officially pumpkin season. Yesterday I made yummy pumpkin muffins that didn't use the whole can of pumpkin purée so I have been trying to use it up in different ways. So far I mixed it into my plain greek yogurt with some ground flax and half a package of Stevia, and then into a smoothie after the gym. It would also be so good in oatmeal pancakes but I will save that for a weekend! 

Here is what I put into the smoothie:

Skim milk (maybe half a cup)
Orange juice (more than the milk)
1 tbsp. roasted ground flax
1 tsp. chia seeds
2 spoonfuls of plain nonfat greek yogurt
A sprinkle of cinnamon
5 ice cubes

My measurements are just approximates because I just throw ingredients in until my blender cup is full, plus I like lots of ice. 

The smoothie wasn't very sweet so you could always add maple syrup or vanilla protein powder to make it sweeter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment