My mom always made these cookies when I was a kid so when I saw the recipe on Pinterest (my online addiction) I knew I had to make them. The picture that went with the recipe was the straw that broke the camels back because I am trying to eat clean again but man is it tough some days!
I followed the recipe but wanted a variety of flavours so instead of just chocolate chips (carob chips at my house!) I split the batter into two bowls before adding caramel pieces to one bowl and white chocolate chips to the other. Then once I made one pan of white chocolate chip cookies I added the carob chips to the batter, made a pan of cookies, then threw in caramel pieces in to make another pan. In the end I had four different types of cookies from one batch of batter.
Pudding Cookies
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 pkg. vanilla pudding mix (dry)
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/4 cups flour (I used gluten free of course)
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1-2 cups mix ins such as chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, caramel pieces, white chocolate chips
1. Cream the butter and sugars together. Add the pudding mix.
2. Add the eggs, one at a time and then the vanilla.
3. Mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then add to the wet ingredients.
4. Add in mix ins of choice.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees and then cool for a few minutes on the pan before moving to the counter. They might not look done but take them out and they will set up as they cool.


No comments:
Post a Comment