Sunday, September 15, 2013

Pumpkin Muffins



It's Sunday once again which means I'm in my kitchen baking and cooking! The sun is shining bright and warm but it is chilly outside and I actually closed my windows. It is a perfect day to fill the house with the aroma of pumpkin muffins. 

I found the recipe on Pinterest (surprise surprise!) but changed it to suit my needs. I don't think I ever follow recipes exactly as written which means I end up with something perfect for me. 

Pumpkin Muffins
1 3/4 cup flour (I used gluten free of course) 
2 tsp. baking powder
1 pkg. butterscotch pudding, dry
1 tsp. salt
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (I am allergic to ginger so I used 1 tsp. all spice and 1 tsp. cinnamon instead)
2 tsp. ground flax (optional- my own addition)
2 tsp. chia seeds (optional-my own addition)

Mix all of the above dry ingredients in a large bowl. 

In a smaller bowl mix together:
1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp. milk
3/4 cup pure pumpkin puree
1/4 cup applesauce (I used vegetable oil instead because I am allergic to fruit)
1 egg, beaten

Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently mix until almost combined. Add 1 cup butterscotch chips and mix. 

Bake in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes. Check for doneness and cool completely otherwise they will stick to the wrapper. 

I got 15 muffins from this recipe.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment