Sunday, February 26, 2012

5 Weeks Gluten Free

So I passed my 4 weeks gluten free minimum, but couldn't figure out how to reintroduce it back into my diet so I just didn't.  So last night I made a plan. I like planning-that is my totally my personality-I don't do anything without planning it out.  I felt better about eating something with my plan.

I put some raw chicken in the fridge last night that I would eat today.  I woke up, dusted the chicken pieces with flour, pepper, and Epicure Lousiana Hot and spicy seasoning (soy free!).  Then I baked it.  One piece for breakfast, one for lunch, and one for tomorrow's breakfast.  Tonight we will have roast chicken, mashed potatoes, and gravy (there's the flour!). 

Then I went to the gym!  I really really love/hate the gym.  I go through stages where I hate going and have to talk myself into it and then I get so obsessed that I can't stay away.  I am at the obsessed stage right now. I make time to go, squeeze it in wherever I can, spend hours there!  Well today was great because after talking to the owner on Friday she decided it was time to give me a new routine. 

My workout consists of alternating cardio (treadmill or eliptical) with weights.  I usually do supersets.  One day would be Back and Chest, then Legs and Shoulders, then Triceps and Biceps.  The days I lift weights I usually do 30 minutes of cardio as well, but if it is just a cardio day then usually an hour!

One way to get me to the gym on those "dread" days is knowing I can read my Kindle.  I only let myself read for pleasure at the gym because it gets me there!  Right now I am reading "New Moon" by Stephanie Meyer (for the bazillionth time!), but that is because I am waiting for the new Cassandra Clare novel to come out. 

Today I learned how to use some new equipment like the BOSU ball, ball, kettlebells, and  Landmine.  I will type up a superset workout using these new moves so I have a bit of variety on weight days.  I did Shoulders and Legs today and loved my new routine!  I'll feel it tomorrow though! 

So the only thing I have noticed about having some gluten this morning is the lump in my throat.  I used to get it alot, but I can't remember if I've had it since I stopped gluten.  Hmm.  No other changes yet.  2 more days with gluten, and then three without.  If I am good at the end of the 6 days then I will introduce something different.  I'm thinking Baking Powder because I'd love to bake some blueberry lemon muffins!
If you haven't tried them yet, here is the recipe!  Blueberry Lemon Muffins recipe

Enjoy your Sunday-the sun is shining here but it is still -15C!

No comments:

Post a Comment