Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Taking things into my own hands

So in January I decided to make an appointment with a Naturopath to see if someone else had any ideas of what is going on with me.  I traveled 4 hours, since that is the closest Naturopath to our town.

I liked that both the Naturopath and the Nutritionist spent about an hour with me listening to "my story" and asking questions.  They couldn't believe all of the things going on with my health! Unfortunately they suggested I go back to my doctor to get referred for some more tests that hadn't been done yet.  My doctor isn't likely to send me for these tests since that wouldn't fit in with his Anxiety diagnosis.  Or his "you have a cold" diagnosis either. 

Then I spent an hour with the Nutritionist alone.  Since my diet is pretty strict and clean already there weren't many changes I need to make, but she did request that I cut gluten out for a month to see if  there are any changes in how I feel.  So in addition to not being able to eat red meat, pork, tomatoes, and soy now I can't eat any grains!  No bread, flours, pasta, rice, corn, cornstach!  The list for gluten is almost as huge as soy!

Today is 1 week gluten free....I can't say I've noticed any changes in how I feel.  I am craving bread.  Or my aunt's homemade scones.  Or a cookie.  Just sayin...

No comments:

Post a Comment