Yesterday I called the Clinic to make a doctor appointment because it has been a month since I last saw Dr. "A" and a lot of my symptoms that I originally had in May/June are back since I've stopped talking Nexium in December. I decided to stop the medication because I had some really bad side effects to it that my husband pointed out to me. I hadn't really connected my aches and pains and reactions to the pill I took everyday, but luckily my husband looked at the package and suggested I stop. Of course he was right.
So I called and requested an appointment with a doctor that just moved back to town and whom I was a patient of before he left the first time. I had inquired about seeing him back in December as soon as I heard he was coming back and was told it wouldn't be a problem. Then in January I asked 3 times if I could get on his patient list but was told each time that they weren't booking appointments for him until February. February 2nd I called to make an appointment with him and "he is not taking any more clients. His client list is full." WHAT? How is that possible? You weren't booking appointments until February. Then I find out from a friend that he will be her new doctor and got to see him at the end of January.
Fine. I'm pissed but fine. I request to see a different doctor then. I am then told that there are no other doctors taking new patients. I will have to see my regular doctor. My response to that was, "I refuse to see that idiot ever again." Then I'm told that there is nothing else they can do for me.
Fine. I'm even more pissed but I calmly ask to speak to the person in charge. Of course she isn't available. I leave a few numbers that she can reach me at, but still haven't had a call from her. I'll try calling again Monday, but will not be giving up. I am sure I have the right to a second opinion and health care. I refuse to see the doctor who for 8 months has told me I have anxiety and a cold. 8 months of pain, food documenting, weird allergic reactions, cutting out almost all foods, total life changes...I would think that 8 months would be enough time for a doctor to find something, but besides a few blood tests he has done nothing. (More on his incompetencies later) Something is wrong, and I am not going to let this go on for a full year.
No comments:
Post a Comment