We have had some unbelievable weather so far in my first week of summer vacation. The Weather Network is forcasting temperatures of 37 degrees Celsius later in the week-beach anyone?
I am sitting on my couch looking out my living room window and listening to the birds sing. My husband is at work (poor man who has to get up at 5:00 while I get to stay in bed), my dog is laying by my feet, and the only sound in my house is a blowing fan. Mornings like this make me a little nostalgic and get me thinking about how great life really is.
Fall is my favorite season by far, followed by winter, then summer, then spring. I do love summer though, just not as much as fall and winter!
This is why I love summer:
1) 2 months of holidays
2) Cold, fresh foods like salads, watermelon, ice cream, nectarines
3) Hearing birds sing outside through open windows
4) Fresh breezes blowing through said open windows
5) Long days with plenty of sunlight (It doesn't get dark until after 11:00 p.m. and it is light around 4:30 a.m.-possibly earlier but I'm sleeping so how would I know?!)
6) Sitting around a campfire, roasting marshmallows, smelling like woodsmoke afterwards
7) Barbeques
8) Coke slurpees (all that sugar isn't good for me anyway, so I'll try to remember that when I get the urge to pick one up and feel sad that I can't)
9) Icy, sweet, yummy Frapuccinos (please enjoy one for me)
10) Beach days-the smell of suncreen, cool water, hot sand, laughing, relaxing
11) Sitting outside on the deck, reading
12) Having all the time in the world-time seems to slow down in the summer
13) Watching Big Brother 3 nights a week on tv
14) Beautiful gardens, bright flowers, green grass and trees
15) Wearing light lotions and scents with bronzers, tanned skin
16) Sundresses and cute tanks, turquoise and coral jewelery, flip flops and sandals
17) Air dried hair, beachy textured waves
18) Drive in movies
19) Bright colorful pedis
20) Celebrating my birthday on July 26
No comments:
Post a Comment