True.
And lately, with all of the birthdays, family BBQs, and baking I have done...I have felt like crap. I would say I gained weight in the last week, but the scale says otherwise (thank goodness for small miracles). My body on the other hand looks like I've gained weight, probably because it is so bloated from all of the sugar and grains I've been eating.
Lemon bundt cake, caramel birthday cupcakes, lemon cupcakes (recipe to come soon)...I have eaten a lot of cake lately.
I have also been working out regularly so perhaps that is why my weight hasn't gone up, but my tummy sure looks like I have been slacking off. But I'm back! I'm focused. Birthdays are over, I am going on holidays and won't be baking for awhile, and there is still one whole month of beach days left in summer.
Everything month I try to set new goals for myself at the gym. Last month I focused on full body workouts instead of focusing on one or two muscle groups and I really enjoyed the extra cardio benefits I got out of my workouts.
My goals (yes, plural) for August are:
1) To increase the amount of push ups I can do. Currently I can do 15 but the last 3 are TOUGH. And I definitely can't do 3 sets of 15. I usually end up doing "girly pushups".
2) To be able to do a pull up. Unassisted. I'd be happy with being able to do one or two by the end of the month.
Source: Pinterest
I came across this picture of Carrie Underwood again last night while wasting time on Pinterest and check out her legs! Every time I do Romanian Split Lunges I think of this picture and pull through the entire 3 sets.
Well, I'm off to the gym to get me some Carrie Underwood legs. Happy Monday to you!



No comments:
Post a Comment